So I went to see Ant-Man last week. I wasn’t all too sure what to expect because I didn’t know Ant-Man very well. I knew that he was the founder of the Avengers–although, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he isn’t–and that his powers had to do with shrinking and ants and that I think he was abusive and he was married to the Wasp. Other than that, I don’t know all too much about him. I was glad that this movie wasn’t about the original guy (Hank Pym) though and was a Scott Lang. Though that does make sense if you are thinking in terms of timelines.
Anyways, here’s a list of some of my thoughts (SPOILERS):
- -There were a lot of Avenger mentions: like Iron man and dropping cities from the sky and the building from the second Avengers movie, and the Falcon! Also, Howard Stark and Agent Carter made appearances.
- Scott’s friend, Luis, is hilarious. I love his story-telling style haha.
- There’s this concept about Ant-Man that I don’t really get. I mean, Scott had his favorite ant, Anthony. But, honestly, these ants are treated as expendable, aren’t they?
- I think my favorite ants were the crazy ants.
- I loved the Falcon fight scene. It was very funny hahaha.
- The father-daughter relationships were kind of awkwardly placed.
- Though it was short, I did like the appearance of the Wasp.
- Oh, and there was kind of a hint of a mention of Spiderman (they were talking about people who crawled up walls).
- I was totally surprised at the first end credit where Hank passed down the Wasp costume to Hope. I hope that means we see Evangeline Lilly more in future movies. I like her.
- The last end credit scene surprised me, but didn’t surprise me. I actually had seen some gifs of it on tumblr–P.S. always be on the lookout for spoilers on tumblr. Anyways, I didn’t quite get what was going on in this end credit. I’ll have to look into later on. All I know is that we’ve found Bucky and I guess we’re gonna do something to him or with him.
A lot of the movie was a bit predictable, such as how I totally guessed that Hank let Scott rob him by passing down the information through the chain, but it was funny and full of action. I was hoping Scott would be invited to the Avengers, but then I realized that the whole Civil War thing is kind of screwing things at the moment, lol.
Now, I can’t wait to see more Marvel movies. Let’s go!
It’s very hard for me to see Paul Rudd as anyone other than Mike Crapbag lmao.